Each year, over 4,000 people throughout the country dedicate their time and talent to planning and executing HOBY programs. Locally, HOBY North Carolina East is proud of the more than 60 volunteers who make our annual seminar a reality. Volunteers make a significant impact on the lives of our participants, while also getting the opportunity to share their experiences and have fun in the process! We invite you to explore some of our opportunities.
Seminar Weekend Volunteers
- Facilitators – must be at least 21 years old, assigned to supervise 8-12 students. If interested, complete the application and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Junior Staff – HOBY alumni under age 21. Junior Staff are assigned to a group to co-facilitate or are asked to help with operations support. If you’re an OUTSTANDING HOBY alum and you’d like to serve the seminar, complete the application by April 15, 2021! Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminar Planning Committee
- Programming – Organize program speakers and activities
- Recruitment – Encourage schools to register, and communicate with registered students/parents
- Fundraising – Generate funds and collect in-kind donations
- Operations – Oversee transportation, meeting space, and catering
- Staff Development – Recruit, train, and oversee the facilitators and junior staff
We also need volunteers to serve as panel speakers, keynote speakers, team building exercise leaders, and service project coordinators. If you are interested in volunteering, please email our Leadership Seminar Chair at HOBYDirector@hobynceast.org or apply online.
On behalf the HOBY North Carolina East Leadership Seminar, we hope you will choose to join our local efforts. Your contribution will go a long way toward shaping and molding the lives of tomorrow’s leaders!